1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo Question.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisionlawn, May 6, 2003.

1. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a echo pb603 backpack blower and a pas260, (both brand new this year). They start-up and idle with no problems. When i go to give them gas they will die out, I have to start and restart them at least 4-5 times b4 they will stay running. What could be the prob. Wrong oil/gas mixture? But i think i have that right, I put the one little bottle of echo 2 cycle with 2 gallons of gas like itsays, What could this be???
  2. mpflood

mpflood LawnSite Member

Clean spark plug or replace it, clean air filter, check fuel filter in tank
    hope this helps
  3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Do you give them a few seconds to warm up? My Echo's all needed to warm up for a bit till they got broken in.
  4. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

This doesn't have anything to do with your problem, but make sure that the "little" bottle of oil the you speak of has 5.2 oz. in it if you are mixing with 2 gallons of gas. They also have a 2.6 oz. bottle that is meant to be mixed with 1 gallon of gas.
  5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

feather the choke a bit when you give it the gas. Move the choke back in forth from cold to run until the engine stays reved. I do this all the time with my echos. :D
  6. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure that you are using atleast 89 octane gas if not the premium 92-93 octane.

It will make a big difference in performance and starting
  7. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

My experience -- PAS 260 after starting for the first time of the day run it a half choke for a few seconds (until you can blip the throttle and get good response) then choke off. Back pack 650 is the same procedure. Also I use the high octane gas it really does make a difference.
  8. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

With mine, I always start it, with the trigger locked on high, When it starts let it run on high a few seconds, and you won't have a problem.
  9. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We had and have the same problem but ours run for 10-15 minutes. It builds to much air in the tank, we loosen gas cap for a few seconds and is fine agian for a while. (TRY that)
  10. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 echo blowers,I ALWAYS set the cruise on half throttle,choke,pump ball about 2 pulls and they go,run a few seconds,flip of choke,let run on half throttle a few seconds then go!Sometimes I RUN 87,SOMETIMES 89 or 93.Sometimes I run echo pre-mix,sometimes stihl,now shindaiwa.I honestly can't tell a nickles diff. in oil or octane.--my truck is another story!;)