Echo Rapid-Loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by goodgreen, Mar 24, 2007.

1. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

This is the coolest thing - just bought one this week. Replaces the head on your trimmer. Has a unique line locking system which allows you to just insert a couple of pieces of trimmer line. Very easy to replace. Hope it works! No more fumbling with spools this summer. Anybody used something like this?

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I used it for about 1 minute.

It's not bad on normal trimming, but when you've got miles of chainlink fencing at schools, forget about it.

3. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a head like that on a trimmer, it was ok untill it fell off the trailer. Now I have a Shindowa speed feed, I REALLY LIKE IT.:weightlifter:

4. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

lol...................oooooooooooooooooo this site is like the comedy zone for me. Good luck with that

5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I have it and its ok. I liked it at first but later I noticed it wasnt all it was cracked up to be. My next trimmer will definatley not have this because it takes to many reloads when doing fences or light brush.

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I have both the tap and rapid. Both are good for differen't reasons. When you get a birds nest in your tap feed you'll praise your rapid loader, when you have to put a new peice of string in ur rapid loader every 10 feet, youll praise your tap head.

Cheers
    Jeff

7. jeffscap

jeffscap LawnSite Member

I'm with lwnmwrMan22 on this one, you'll like it until you have to reload the head with a galzillion lines to finish the fence line your working on. I'm thinkin' it's going to be a wall mount.:eek:

8. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

I just bought a new echo trimmer that had one I changed heads I have a cemetrery to take care of

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I was a sucker bought one used it one day....so mad I demanded my money back on the stupid thing. Dirt gets into the device and soon you will be carring needle nose to get the old pieces back out....bad bad idea.

10. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah you need pliers and also grass cakes up on the inside sometimes and gets in your way when changing line. My advice would be to change it or to use as heavy of a line as possible to minimize stopping to change it.