Echo Recall

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yz250fpilot, Jul 5, 2004.

1. yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot LawnSite Member

If you bought any Echo equipment that was made in 2003, you might want to see if it is in the recall regarding the unit(s) catching on fire.

http://www.echo-usa.com/safety.asp

2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

TO late ya its all good they gave me cash back at the dealer and i got a stihl should have never tryed echo ya hedge trimmer

3. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

The heck with echo, buy a Redmax!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Thanks for the info !

5. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for that info. I just checked my stick edger and it does not fall under the serail numbers

Thanks again

6. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Dude:

Just about every new product that Stihl has put out in the last 10 years has been recalled for potential fire hazards. They lead the world in factory recalls.

Echo's is a simple fuel line replacement.........no biggie.

7. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Was at my dealer on Friday last week and they asked if my trimmer was on the truck and I said "yep". They told me to bring it in to see if it was on the recall list and it was.

Thought that was pretty cool that they brought it up without me even knowing about it. They replaced the fuel lines and I was on my way. Nice to have dealers like that.

8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

If you filled out your warranty info correctly, you should get something in the mail.

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

NOW that's Service! Like they say you get what you pay for. I bet the big box retailers wouldn't have done that.