1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo SHC 210 hedge trimmer or regular hedge trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Mar 13, 2004.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I currently have a hedge trimmer attachment for a Shindaiwa t230 string trimmer. I like it but find it too long for some work and would like to add a smaller hedge trimmer. I can't decide between getting an Echo SHC210 model, pictured below or a standard stand alone unit from either echo, shindaiwa, stihl or kawasaki. The echo model pictured below is a little more expensive but what concerns me the most is the 21.1 cc engine which my dealer feels may not be strong enough. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

I purchased one of these last year and I love it. It is evenly balanced and the exhaust is behind you. I feel it has enough power to trim most hedges and shrubs. I tried to use it on some nasty looking honeysuckle I believe, and it did not cut the 3/4" woody branches very well. The Husky 372xp took care of those though.:D
  3. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

I have one just like it. I love it. It is one of the better purchases I feel I have ever made.Never tried anything quite that big ( 3/4 inch ) but it has cut whatever I threw at it. The power seems more than adequate for my use.