1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo Shred \'N Vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboyil, Mar 5, 2001.

1. lawnboyil

lawnboyil LawnSite Member

Thoughts, opinions, comments gripe about it, found it in am leonards thinking about getting it for the fall any comments would be nice

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

As soon as I saw the title of this post, I thought, It depends on what you are going to use it for. But then, when I opened the post up and saw the word Fall, I thought OH boy! If you have any thoughts of using this for fall cleanups, GIVE IT UP! These are for the little old people that we see doing things that are impracticle, but they do them just for the principle that they BOUGHT it, they atre going to USE it! You know the ones, they are out in their driveway moving 1 foot deep leaves with their electric blower, when with one stroke of a rake could be done. Or the little person at the end of their driveway weedwhipping their ditch - with an electric trimmer! Anyway, you get the picture. It's just underefficient. I HAVE seen people use them for sucking up scattered litter like gum wrappers and stuff.
  3. lawnboyil

lawnboyil LawnSite Member

thanks for the picture i was hopeing that it would be as good a equipment as our blower and string trimmer

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I use the Stihl version, the blower converted to a vaccuum. It is very handy for small piles of debris and to be able to walk around a parking lot or grassy area and pick up trash. I use mine all the time...........of course I'm an old geezer too, that may explain why I like it.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oops! Sorry, Homer! I didn't mean it like that!! LOL
  6. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess I'm an old geezer also. I have the Echo Shred N Vac and use it all the time. It has it's limitations but, doesn't all equipment? For what I use it for it works fine. It's also a backup blower if I need one.
  7. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the echo vac/blower that I use when cleaning up after trimming bushes,especially when there is ground cover,it does a good job getting the trimmings out of it.I also use it to clean leaves out of bushes in areas where there is nowhere to blow them and mine works good.I will admit that it is kind of a hastle switching from blower to vac so I just use mine as a vac.
  8. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Would this be a good product to pick up cigarette buts out of the corners of parking lots. I am having a terrible time with the buts.
    Mow money, how long does it take to convert from vac to blow or is it just that the process is difficult do to poor engineering. Thanks for any replies it looks like it could serve a purpose in my company.

Thank you, TJLC

[Edited by Ssouth on 03-06-2001 at 10:19 PM]
  9. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

It works fine for cig butts. It takes a minute or two to go from vac to blower or back.
  10. Guest

For someone inclined to use a Vac, do you think the Husqvarna model would be as good as the Echo? The only dealer I have sells Husky. Anyone have any experience with them?