Echo shred n vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BJWLAWNCARE, Mar 27, 2010.

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I have the bigger one the 230. What a piece of shyt. You think I would have leaned my lesson by now. I am on my 3rd one. It comes without a lot of the screws tight. The thing's handle is connected metal to plastic with a screw. The grinder doesn't chew mulch. I have it for light duty but just a warning it is junk. Any other suggestions for a vac?
  2. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked at them and the bigger one. Had a Stihl BG85 Shred and Vac. Just got a new 86 and it is really better than the 85. The only thing I liked about the Echo is I thought the bag was bigger.
  3. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

SH86 shred and vac is a nice one
  4. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

You said you have the 230 (bigger one) i think the 230(22.8cc) is the older one, now the bigger one is called es-255 w/ the same engine as the 265 string trimmers(25.4cc) anybody use one of the new ones not the older 230's I was thinking of getting aes-255?
    any input would be appreciated..

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

last year my dealer sold sold es-210 marketed as residential and the es-230 as commercial. Maybe someone else can help you. I was unaware the product line changed.
  6. fritowrdo

fritowrdo LawnSite Fanatic

I bought an es-210 for picking up excess leaves and grass and found it worked well.

But if you use it for twigs, it sucks, but my dealer told me that ahead of time.

I sucked in a piece of bark, it got lodged in the impeller and started smoking. Was rather interesting.....
  7. joslawn33

joslawn33 LawnSite Member

I have the stihl ran flawless for 6 years it finally died used it to blow small walks and drives off.And put the vac on it used it to suck up hedge clippings. Now have a billy goat with the vac hose no comparrison.
  8. fobaum

So nobodys used a echo es-255 shred-n-vac?
  9. fobaum

It would be used to pick up hedge clipping in flower beds etc.... just would like to know before i spend the money