Echo Split boom, hesitation on startup?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by syzer, May 6, 2001.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We just bought the Echo PAS-2600 ( I believe that's the name?) Its the highest cc split boom engine they had. Anyway we bought both he articulating hedger and the power edger for it.

My problem is this, when we start it up and you hit the gas it bawgs. It does this for about 5 minutes or so straight you have to keep toying with the throttle to keep it running and get the blade spinning. Its the same type of thing if you put your stick edger on the dirt then hit the gas, it bawgs the same way.

Is this normal? I figure the strain from the split portion of the boom could be doing it but not too sure if this is normal or not. After operation it for a couple of minutes at full throttle its fine. It does the same thing with the articulating hedger blade on it?? What gives?

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Sounds like the carb adjustments need tweeking. I would take it back to the dealer and have him fix it since it is new.

3. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

I have the same trouble with mine, although it only lasts maybe 30 seconds to a minute or so and I believe that it's just the engine warming up to be able to power the drive cable because once it gets going it's fine. I've had it since winter and it's been like that since I got it, but it's not too bad. If there is something I should do to fix that I'd also like to hear about it though. The broom is useful, but I like a walk behind edger better. Also, any websites for replacement edger blades?