Echo sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lawn Dog2001, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the market for a new backpack sprayer this year. I was wondering if anyone had experiences with the Echo SHR 2100. From what I have seen it looks like a great unit, but I dont recall reading too many people posting about them. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Bush/Cheney in 04!:gunsfirin:

3. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

They are a good sprayer but be sure you can purchase replacement parts. Not many dealers stock the replacement parts and the time delay can be quite long. If not then stick with Swissmex as many people carry the backpacks and the parts.:D

4. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

LawnDog2001,
    I Have had mine over 15 years. No problem to get parts for and I just added a 2nd one to the fleet. 145PSI + Agitation and can use for merit Injection if you rig a root feed needle:D
    (Oesco in Mass has a nice needle that works well)

Also spend the extra $75 and get the optional Pistol Grip Adjustable Nozzle Part # 22400110611

Great Piece of equipment!!!!!!!!

Pete D.

5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the advice. Parts shouldnt be a problem, my Echo dealer said he can get parts in for it quickly.

heritage, have you had any leaks or pump problems? My dealer has two in stock and they look solid. I will ask him about that pistol grip attachment.

6. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn Dog 2001,
    This sprayer uses a centrifigal pump and it will not leak. There is a drain plug at the bottom where the suction hose connects the tank to the pump........Keep the plug out when not in use so you don't have problems like settling debris or freezing within the pump. Also there is a skinny agitation hose going from the pump to the tank. Where it unscrews there is a small disc that can clog where the agitation hose connects to the pump......Keep it clean. The pump housing is made of some phellonic plastic and sealed with 2 O-Rings and if you freeze the pump it will crack as I found out long ago.....Parts are not hard to get if you are dealing with a good echo dealer.

I love this sprayer......Never any problems.

Pete D.