echo srm 1501 trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, May 17, 2003.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

What can you tell me about this trimmer?? What model is it close to in todays catolgs. Picked it up real cheap. Doesn't look like it has too many hours use. Is this a commercial trimmer??? Is it a good trimer?? Any help appreciated. I am trying it ourt right now and if i like plan to give him about a 100$$ is this too much or about right??

Thanks guys!!

2. snapper

binging uo to first page..

3. snapper

anybody??

4. FLMOWER

FLMOWER LawnSite Member

I beleive that the model is a homeowner model and not commercial. They sell these at Home Depot.

5. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I think it'll work for you for a few jobs. If you do many hedges, you'll appreciate a more commercial model. Red Max and Stihl are a couple that I'd recommend. More money, but better. Even the Kawasaki model they sell at Lesco is better. It is a little heavier though. Good luck.

6. snapper

this is a line trimmer, and this is an older model, (early 90's??) It is rated for blade use. When i pulled up the manual on their website, it made no mention of it being a homeowner, or light use machine.. At any rate it is alot better than my 100$ craftsman i use to have.. So i will proably by it from him. I just like it, light, powerful and just balanced..

Thansk again guys!!

7. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

8. snapper

i don't know how home depot could have them cause this model is no longer used. It is not on their web site or in the book i have.. In their day i believe this trimmer was rated pretty high. BEsides this one i am buying from a lawn mower mechanic i work for, and am going to work it off over the next few weeks.. So this is my best chance to get a good weed eater.. I am going to go use it some more this afternoon, but will proably keep it..

Thanks guys!!

9. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

My mistake, I was thinking of the (2) HC 1500's that I have in storage. I'm not familiar with that particular model, but I personally would want something a little more powerful. Good luck.

10. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

sorry---thought it was the 21.2cc like the hedge trimmers.