1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo SRM 210 Brush Blade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Roger Wilkerson, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Roger Wilkerson

Roger Wilkerson LawnSite Member

Hi Folks,

I am not a pro, just a nosy homeowner. After much deliberation I bought the 210 and brush blade kit. I had looked at the Stihl FS 90, the Kaw KBL27A, the Robin BH2500. The Stihl did not fit me, couldn't get comfortable, The Kaw was awesome, just more than I wanted to spend and the Robin was only available via internet and I wanted a local dealer. So...tell me two things.

1. Did I make a good choice?
    2. Does anyone have brush cutting experience with this unit? I am reclaiming part of my woods via controlled burns and my trusty Stihl 029 Farmboss but I need to take down saplings and volunteer trees as well as vines that the stihl can't sink it's teeth into.

I would love some feedback from the pro's

2. Roger Wilkerson

bump bump bump
  3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

We keep one 210 with a blade on it full time. It works good, will probably get something bigger soon like the 260 or so, sometimes it can bogg down a little depending on what your cutting. I love the 210 as a string trimmer, we have 4 of them.
  4. Roger Wilkerson

Excellent, I always seem to want to buy more than I need. I gave it a ten minute tryout this afternoon and it seemed a little doggy. Do these pick up power as they break in?