echo srm 210

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lakewlc, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Lakewlc

Lakewlc LawnSite Bronze Member

i think i asked this question before but i cant find the thread. i think im going to go buy this trimmer this weekend for $220. anything i should know? thanks

2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

It is the weakest "commercial" trimmer Echo sells.

Don't buy it from Home Depot!!! Buy it from a dealer and pay the same amount but get service.

Go bigger for a few bucks more and don't look back!

3. johnslandscaping

johnslandscaping LawnSite Member

here where i live home depot they sell for 219. and my dealer sells for 199. But i would step up to the srm-230 for 269.00 much better trimmer i used to buy the 210 but got tired of grease on my arm from the oil seal getting old.

4. Lakewlc

yea i saw it at home depot but i would never buy it from there there my dealer can get it for the same price. we dont use it a ton so im stil debating the next step up to the 260

5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

home depot appears to have raised their prices on echo products above what the local dealers are carrying it for.

Even more reason to ask why the hell would you buy any power equipment from a place like that.......

I mean, to save a buck is one thing but when the dealerships are carrying it for less...

6. johnslandscaping

srm-260 will last alot longer and is much better, also most dealers will repair if any problems happen. home depot will most likely tell you to send it back to echo for repair.

7. Lakewlc

another question. the head on my trimmer now i bought at home depot. you put 2 peices of string in and 4 pop out. i like it alot. can i take it off the old one and put it on the new one?

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i wouldnt waste my time buying from a dealer. if you cant work on a little two cycle then you dont belong in this business. by the time you take it to the dealer and have them work on it, you could have bought a new one. i think the 210's are great and i get all of mine at the home depot because dealers suck.

9. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

if its echo you should be able to.

10. johnslandscaping

if that trimmer you have now is an echo yes it would work if other brand not sure