Echo SRM-2100 vs. SRM-210

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gomboman, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Gomboman

Gomboman LawnSite Member

What's the difference between a SRM-2100 and a SRM-210? The specs look almost identical. Does anyone know when the 2x0 series replaced the 2x00 models?

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well...i'm not too sure...but i have a 2100 and it's the biggest POS that i've ever owned! I believe that it's just an older model, but i could be wrong.

3. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I dumped Echo products a long time ago. I use Kawasaki weedwackers. They are superior. Lesco has them. Light weight. Excellent power. Great durability.

4. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

not trying to get too involved in the "ford, chevy, dodge argument" but to answer your question, there is no difference. echo changed the product numbers on all of their equipment a few years back: 2100 to 210, 2400 to 230, etc. (dont know why 2400 went to 230 when 2100 justdropped a 0, but thats beside the point.) from what i know, they're the exact same, just a 210 would be a newer model.

side note: i use a 210 everyday and it works great. nice and lightweight and easy to maneuver around. i know it has the smaller engine but it sure can take on a lot.

5. Gomboman

Gomboman LawnSite Member

Thanks. The 2100/210 will be used as a light duty trimmer. It will be fine for my application. I was wondering what year they swithched over to the new numbering system.

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

As far as I Know All of the SRM's have a Burn Spot Where You Rest your Forearm...There are Much Better Choices.

7. Gomboman

Gomboman LawnSite Member

Are you talking about an exhaust burn? I borrow a 230 quite often and have never been burned. :angry:

8. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

I think they changed about two years ago. The only difference I've noticed is the 210 has a non-adjustable carb.

9. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Yes, those wonderful non-adjustable carbs. Absolutely great when they work. If your trimmer has any running problems at all, get to the dealer and have them check out the carb. One of my newer Echoes ran poorly at mid-throttle, and I got the point where I said I'd never buy Echo again. I finally got it back to my dealer, they replaced the carb, and now it runs beautifully.

10. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I also run into this problem once in a while