Echo SRM-230

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BLKSS, May 12, 2008.

1. BLKSS

BLKSS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

my Echo SRM-230 motor gets extremly hot when im trimming is this normal or am i over using the equipment. just wondering b/c every time my elbo touch's the motor it's hot as hell.

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I had the same thing happen to me, I sold it and now only use Stihl. Do you have the paint chipping off of the motor as well?

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

mine does the same. It keeps you from not paying attention while trimming. with it burning you everyonce in a while you dont get disctracted, and then you dont miss anything. :hammerhead:

4. BLKSS

BLKSS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

yea no paint chipping yet but it get's extremly hot, and its just a pain to handle when you wanna rest your elbo on the motor. i got it from home depot but they sell the srm 230 in a local lawn equipment shop by my house. maybe i need to upgrade and get something better. what are yall gonna do?

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I just deal with it. Like I said, it keeps me from trying to make my life easier by resting my arm. Just dont wear a rain-coat while using that trimmer, or any other meltable type material. I only use the echo for the edger and the rest of time we use the Stihl trimmer.

6. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you using 89 octane?? Don't know if this matters or makes a difference, but Echo calls for 89 with 50:1.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Go to the dealer and get a heat shield ......we got one but never put them on hold it further away.

8. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 210, and it has a little shield thing on it, straight from the dealer.

9. BLKSS

BLKSS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

i use 93 octane guess ill just deal with it.