Echo SRM-260 price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dwost, Apr 20, 2004.

1. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

I just stopped by my dealer. He will sell me the SRM-260 for $279. Is this a good price or should I try to bargain further? I was also looking at the Husky 323L for $269. Either one should be more than I need as this is for my property only. My 8yo Ryobi seized on me last night...:(.....so it's time to buy commercial.......:D TIA

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Don't bargain. You don't like people bargaining for your services. Just find a good dealer. 10 more bucks lower won't help you a bit, and it will piss off your dealer. I get my 26cc Echo's for 285 + tax. So I say you've got a good deal. The 260 is a good machine.

3. dwost

Good call, It seemed quite resonable to me as it's last years model. They have given me great service as well, so I'd rather give them the business anyway even if it was a few bucks more. Thanks

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Buy the older ones if you can. If I'm not mistaken the ones from this year are a little more "under-powered" due to EPA regulations or something funky like that. Point being, if you would have bought it last year, it would have been a kick-ass machine, and since it's still new, it will do the same thing for you this year as well.

5. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I just bought a 260 on Friday for $255. I do prefer the older 2601 series with adjustable carb. I think they have been having less problems with the carb in the older models, thats according to a local mechanic.

Jay

6. dwost

Thanks for the input guys. So, last years model seems like the way to go. Well, I'll probably pull the trigger on the trimmer this weekend. I appreciate the help!!

DW