Echo SRM-280/Sthil-FS90R

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jahbp, May 10, 2008.

1. jahbp

jahbp LawnSite Member

What is the best one for the money? SRM-280 or FS90R will be used as a back up

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

My vote will be SRM280 just because of reputation.

3. BryceBentleyLCS

BryceBentleyLCS LawnSite Member

2nd that!!!!:usflag:

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Go with the Stihl FS 90 R.

5. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

neither of these fine models needs to be sitting as "back-up"--kinda pricey to be just sittin' there---go with something less expensive unless you plan on daily equipment rotation.

6. Lazer_Z

from NJ

I didn't even notice that that was the intended purpose. I agree with bigc, why spend big bucks if it's just going to sit? Find a trimmer for around $200.00 and you have your back up machine.

7. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

We got a rich guy here!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

If my wife allow it, I'll get a FS250 as a back up too!!!! It is my toy!!!! Considering, this is a cheap thrill!!!!!

8. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

a real man don't have to discuss his equipment needs with his wife-------and she don't discuss her makeup needs with him-----

9. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I have them both, the echo does pretty well, but got the stihl to have a second trimmer. The echo has the edgit on it and I wanted to have another trimmer without the edgit so I got one. I am having a big problem with the stihl though, the string does not want to come out all the time, like it jambs up.... haven't taken it back yet, only a week old.
    Any body else have this problem with the stihl. I don't like the double head for the string...

10. Lazer_Z

from NJ

I wish lol, I am though looking at upgrading from my FC110 to a KM 130 with the edger, hedge trimmer and maybe the string head.