Echo SRM-311 S

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Experturf, May 19, 2008.

1. Experturf

Experturf LawnSite Member

I'm looking at purchasing a brand new Echo SRM- 311S line trimmer for $330. Seems like a decent deal. Does anyone have any comments on this model or have any preferences when it comes to line trimmers. I'm just starting my lawn care business and I want something decently tough and reliable.

2. MortonLawn

MortonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

you should try the Echo 261t Trimmer out. its a high torque model thats gear'd differently, I think you would really like that model better.:)

3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Sounds like a good price, I don't think this model is going to be around for long, I cannot even buy this in California. Get it while you can.

Having said that. Is this a little too heavy for day to day trimming? You have to balance the confort with power. Just a question. This one is definitely good for heavy brush cutting. Maybe have a small light one for light trimming job.

4. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

we have always been happy with echo higher end products.the longer the cutting blades,the simpler to trim.sounds like a good price.if in doubt,google it and compare prices on line.