Echo SRM-51E

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LushGreenLawn, Aug 15, 2006.

1. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Went to a local dealer today, and they were running a sale for 20% off all echo products. I bought two of the above mentioned trimmers for around $175 each. I replaced my srm-2100 with these, and I have found that they have alot more power then the one I had, also have a better balance. They even look better, black wrapped aroumd the grey shroud with a kind of futurestic look. They look to be a fairly high end trimmer for the $220 list price they had on them. the srm-230 cost more than that at Home Cheapo

Over all I would have to say I got a good deal today. I guess this post really has no point, I'm just happy with my new purchase:dancing: :dancing: :usflag:

2. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Why were they running them so cheap?

That has to be very close to dealer cost??

Sounds like to got a good buy!

3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Do you mean the SRM-251E? I don't know if they have a SRM51E. How do you like it?

Buck

4. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry, it is the 251-E. I love it, the only thing I don't like is they both take a minute or so to warm up before they really get going, but once they get going, nothing stops them. I think the warm up thing is typical of echo trimmers? My 2100 was the same way.

5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

some of the distributors maybe looking to move inventory, so they offer better pricing to the dealers. Or , the dealer might be sitting on a ton and they need to be paid off.

Anyhow, we don't carry the SRM251E, but we do carry the GT251E. Only complaint I've had is from the guys who are used to the GT2400, or GT230's, that are used to the anti-vibe mount. The GT251E's don't have it, hence, they are less expensive. However, the 251 is not labeled as a direct replacement for the 230's.