Echo srm210 how long will it last?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Apr 9, 2007.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I was wondering how long a echo srm210 will last using it everyday. I have used echo with other lcos before but don't like them as much as my stihls. So how are your echos specifically the 210 in service?

2. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

S man, I have had my echo 210 for over 3 years are it seemed to work fine for the 17 lawns i do. This year I just picked up a redmax bcz 2401 and will try it as my primary trimmer, since i needed a backup anyway
    Jake

3. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

We have a 210 that gets used on 2 properties. The jobs have so much fence and trees that the trimmer besides filling up for gas, runs for a solid 7 hours per week just on those 2 jobs. The trimmer will be going on it's third year. Besides being cold blooded in the morning there has been no problems. Nice cheap light trimmer.

4. sollyj

sollyj LawnSite Member

Ive got one that is 7 years old, still runs awesome. I have a brand new 2100 i never use. The old 210 is light and plenty of power,I use it everyday as the primary trimmer I love it if i got another, it will be one of these. I would consider buying a used one, because I know they perform day in and out!

5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

This model is not really what you want to be using for commercial use. I would be using at least the SRM230 but preferably the 260S or 260T.

If you are using it every day, for a couple hours a day, I wouldn't expect more than a season out of it.

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 2 and moving on to second season. No problems at all. Enough power and gas efficient. Best of all their cheap, if I need to replace one its only $279.

Cheers
    Jeff

7. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

$279, around here you could get them at the HD for $200
    Jake

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

If I recall "when I bought mine" I ask the sales man and he said 3 seasons..

that was 5 seasons ago...

9. mowahman

mowahman LawnSite Member

I've got one that is 11 yrs. old. Use/abuse it every day from the first day of cutting to the last day of leaf season. I used this trimmer to trim 7 cemeteries that we used to do, average of 1500 headstones each. I show no mercy to this trimmer cause it owes me nothing. Picked it up for $199.99 at Home Depot...until last year, I was still running the original spark plug...wanted to see just how far it would go. We always carry spare mower, gas, tools, and trimmer. In 12 yrs. have only had to come back to the shop during the day a handfull of times due to break downs. I have always run opti-2 oil in it also. PS..mine even has a slighty "bent" shaft from getting dropped, dragged, and abused.

10. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

If you just look online and in the manuals, most Echos last up to or more than 300 hours.