Echo srm210 or redmax tr2301s?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Apr 4, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Just wondering what trimmer is better? Might want to get one for a lighter trimmer or backup. Whatcha think?

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Just bought a Redmax tr2301s last week...super light....and super powerful...easy to control....this will be my new main trimmer!!!!

3. S man

It does look like a great little trimmer. I have two loud heavy stihls right now.

4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah....great peace of equipment......you would be pleased

5. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll vote for the SRM-210, but I haven't used a redmax. I really like the light weight and great power of the Echo. For $200, it's a dandy little trimmer.

6. S.A.L.

S.A.L. LawnSite Member
    from NOLA

Yo S,

We run 2 tr2301s daily. Just picked up another one ($230ish from Joe's or Pauli's: I forget which. Maybe it was Eastbank Schwinn). Super light and great on fuel. Plenty of power for trimming.
    It feels about half the weight of my FS80R.

7. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Hi S Man

If you looking for a backup that you don't want to spend too much, light and take a chance, you ever look at a Kawasaki? They are cheaper, they are super light, a lot of people say good things about them. If it work out, it might be your next main trimmer. I think they are cheaper than Redmax. SRM 210 is pretty cheap too, but they are kind of heavy for the tiny little engine. You know it is only going to be 0.9hp only. This is published in Mantis catalog.:waving:

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I like the SRM 210 because of the price, availability of parts and its easy to work on. Just enough power to get most jobs done quickly. Of course more power would be great too. I may check out redmax next time, if I can find a dealer

9. SKAGMAN7

SKAGMAN7 LawnSite Member
    from SW OHIO

It's a redmax vote for sure from me! would not even think about trying anything else again.light and powerful,not to mention reliable! easy line loading too!

10. S man

Hey sal. Check out the network louisiana lcos thread. Maybe I've seen you around before. What equipment/ trailer do you use? I used to go to joe's but like bob's and vaughn's better. Pauli's doesn't sell redmax only stihl and echo. I have two Stihl 85s and they are loud and a little heavy!! One has a clutch problem where the head spins at idle sometimes and the speed drops, it's weird but wade wanted to see it happen in person before fixing it. So basically the trimmer wouldn't act up in front of him but it's still messed up. Maybe I can bring it in when it's spinning right away.