1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo SRM230 hard to start after weekend

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by coxslawncare, Jun 3, 2008.

1. coxslawncare

coxslawncare LawnSite Member

I mow Tuesday through Friday. Every tuesday the first yard I go to my trimmer is a SOB to get started. Usually takes 5-10 min of cranking to get it to go. Today was able to get it to go with a small amount of gum cutter I had on the truck. The thing is once it starts the first time in during the week it has no issues until the next week. I have started trying to start it every day over the weekend, but this past weekend I was out of town. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Probably just needs to be adjusted.
  3. coxslawncare

i'll try to adjust the carb tomorrow I tuned everything up before the season started. It just confuses me that after the first time it starts for the week it has no issues after that until the next week.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Is the trimmer stored elsewhere over the weekend than during the week?

Just a possibility, if so it could be a temperature issue, humidity, or the way it sits...
  5. Den69RS96

Den69RS96 LawnSite Member

A quick way to clean the carb is to make sure the ignition is off, pull the fuel line running to the carb and spray carb cleaner into the hose. Remove the spark plug and give it a couple of pulls. Its not the best way to clean a carb, but its quick and might just do the job. Also, try installing a new plug gapped correctly.
  6. coxslawncare

The trimmer stays locked on the trailer at all times so storage conditions should not be an issue. Also installed new plugs on all my 2 cycles before the season. Once this thing starts for the first time during the week it runs beautiful just its a pain in the a** to get going come tuesday morning. I will have to wait until tuesday before I know if any of this helps. Thanks.