1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo srm261 high torque

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cajuncutters, Nov 13, 2006.

1. cajuncutters

cajuncutters LawnSite Member

Every morning i have to pull this weedeater at least 20 times to start it. Been like this since i bought this item. Any help what to do to stop this problem.*trucewhiteflag*
  2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

How old is the unit ,Take it back to the dealer if its under warranty.
  3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

mine does the same thing...have to fiddle around with the choke and throttle...this is what i usually do. prime the heck out of it, put it in half choke posistion (sometimes full) , hold the trigger down, and keep cranking. usually will start in 5-6 pulls like that.
  4. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

What gas oil mix are you using?

Try 89 + octane and good Echo or comparable oil...it DOES make a big difference!

We use only premium gas and Echo oil and never have any hand held problems.
  5. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

This is exactly why I stopped running Echo's.
  6. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a Stihl, both of mine start within 3 pulls (or less) every day without sinking one more penny in them than the initial purchase...
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You have a carb adjustment.......things change from warm to cold weather. These units are not a one pull start....only had one unit that did start on one pull a T270, even in year two, three and four.