1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

echo/stihl: pro attachment/kombisystem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hollis Maintenance, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Hollis Maintenance

Hollis Maintenance LawnSite Member

Lookin at both. Need some opinions. :help:
  2. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Echo is one of the the few who have met EPA standards with 2 cycle and (except for a very few California models) without using power robbing catalytic converters. Stihl has turned to "4 mix" to meet standards, and IMO, Echo is superior at this time. The 4cycle/4mix stuff is just not ready for prime time.

Echo or Redmax is the best available now in handhelds.
  3. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

I run the KombiSystem and have no complaints. I have the line trimmer, hedge trimmer (both long and short shafts), and stick edger attachments. I run this in combination with another line trimmer and find it works well for a 2-man crew.

No experience with the Echo model.
  4. Hollis Maintenance

Yes i agree, but i can still get the pro series 2 cycle stihl. Same as pro series that stihl is still making. Sorry, i should have stated that before.
  5. Hollis Maintenance

My second remark was 2 Tider.
  6. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I have both the Echo and the Stihl Kombi. The Stihl FAR outperforms the Echo. I'll be buying more Stihl 4mix in the future!!!
  7. Hollis Maintenance

Thanks Hank. I like stihl also, i use fs 80 pro series. Never had a problem other than normal wear & tear
  8. GLC51

GLC51 LawnSite Member

I've got the PAS260 and like it a lot. They beefed up the coupling and it's easier to fit the attachments than the older style I had. Have the pro sweep, straight hedge trimmer, edger, and string trimmer attachments for it. Echo is still 2 stroke with the improvements they have made in design they meet the stricter EPA standards.
  9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

PAS260 is the only thing I am buying from now on. I got trimmer, edger, articulating hedge trimmers, and prosweep attachments. Its was worth every penny.
  10. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I just got the echo PAS with the edger attchment. It was a new one but sitting on the shelf a year. Paid 229 with the edger attachment (great price basically got 30 off the motor and free edger) and so far (5 tanks of fuel) it has been a really well running machine. Maintaining edges are a snap but if you need to break a new over grown edge it lags a bit but will still get the job done.

I plan to get more attachments really soon. Will get the string trimmer atttachment just to use it as a backup.