1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

echo string timmer to hedge trimmer...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowingtowing, Sep 15, 2005.

1. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

Is it possible to temporally convert my SRM 261 or 2601 to a pole hedge trimmer by removing the trimmer head and putting on a hedge trimmer head? I dont do enough hedge trimming to purchase a pole hedge trimmer right now. I just want to know if anyone has done that and if it is worth the trouble.
  2. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

i have the srm260s which has the steel shaft, not the cable. i know you can do this with stihls that have the steel shaft but nobody seems to know about echo.
  3. Propstruk

Propstruk LawnSite Member
    from South

Yes, you can do this. I have an ECHO SHC-210 which I took the cutter off of and mated to an older Husqvarna trimmer that I had. Works great!

The cutter head had a shim in it so that it would fit tight on the 210's shaft. I had to remove that inorder for it to fit the weedeater shaft.
  4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, you can. :)
  5. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

from what i heard, the 261T has a flexiable shaft, much like the pole hedge trimmers. Where could/should I go about getting a hedge trimmer head? I seem to be having a hard time finding them in any parts catalogs. Should I just go to my echo dealer and have them order me a head?