Echo stuff at Home Depot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Banksy, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

I was at HD ther other day and saw a line of Echo trimmers. Are they "cheap" Echo's like the John Deere tractors there which aren't true JD's.

2. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

I have bought 2 echo trimmers from home depot and a cs400 chainsaw and all perform flawless, I have use the trimmers about 7 hours daily at 5 days a week and they are great. There are better models and more expensive ones that echo make but for the small company I run I think there perfect for what I need them for. They also have a two year commercial warranty.

3. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

Nice. Thanks.

4. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

The couple commercial grade echo handhelds hd carries are the same as your dealer would carry. I would still buy from a dealer if possible, but if your handy and dealer support is of no concern to you then why not. My dealer matches hd on the few similar items that they both carry. My pe 225 stick edger is at the dealer right now because of damage to the shaft. The dealer moved me right to the front of the line since I purchased it from him. With dealer hours not being the most customer friendly hd does come in handy in a pinch. I have bought speedfeed heads, tune up kits, edger blades ect...at hd because my dealer was not open at the time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. kennymo81

kennymo81 LawnSite Member

The Home Depot has the same ones as the dealer. I bought two srm 225 trimmers and have been happy. Home Depot has them on sale for $199 and the dealer had them for $219.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my echo pas system there and have had no problems with it. I ran it all last year mainly as a stick edger but also have the weed eater attachment as a back up as well as a pole saw for trimming jobs. Works great for me and no echo dealers within a decent distance of me so i buy my stuff there. I also have my contractors account through them i get a kick back at the end of the year and a chance to build my credit.

7. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Same stuff.

I bought my Echo PB500 backpack blower from Echo 4 years ago, still using it today. Runs like a champ.

8. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

I'm very interested in the combo unit.

9. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i bought my echo stuff from HD in 2004. Blower, Edger, Trimmer, Hedge Trimmer... don't know the model numbers off the top of my head, but with the exception of the edger.. everything else i listed runs great after 9 years.. lol. I did 2 seasons 04, and 06. then part time here and there.. I wouldn't say its seen hardcore day in and day out use though.. I'm waiting on this stuff to finally kick it off. the hedge trimmer broke in half where the handle attaches to the gearcase, i replaced the gearcase for 40 bucks and it still runs great.

10. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

I love my combo unit. Only downfall is you can only use echo products with it where a lot of the other ones are versatile. But that is fine for me i swear by echo and will not run anything else for handhelds anyway.