Echo stuff

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robbo521, Feb 8, 2007.

1. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

well went to Echo and a Stihl dealer to do some looking,think i am going with the echo because of dealer and price's.think i am going with this
    Echo trimmer SRM 230S-$239.99
    Echo backpack PB 413-$279.99
    6.5hp Briggs pressure washer 3500 psi,and some more things for it
    $409.99
    dealer is 5 min away and been doing this for 30yrs,told me echo was doing a deal that if your tools are down to be fixed you will get to use a demo while yours is being fixed.stihl dealer been here a year and he just dont seem right.
    what do you guys think about these prices.for what i will be doing these will fit my needs.

2. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

sounds very reasonable to me....im still not sure who im gonna stick with. i think ill either go with echo as well or redmax. redmax is a little more $$ though. ive herd alot of good things about echo and i know alot of guys on here use em. that says alot

3. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I love echo, easy starts and reliability. treat them right and they'll last!

4. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

The SRM-230 is a good light trimmer but you can pee harder than that blower it is a waste at that $$ range buy a better hand held blower it will put out more air go with Stihl BR 600 might cost more but weight is similar and they are not even close in performance

5. GLLawns

GLLawns LawnSite Member

I will be going on my 3rd season this year with my Echo trimmer, stick edger, bush trimmers. No problems other then usual maintenance, as far as the blower as said above the one you are lokking at is worth crap IMO. I bought a Redmax EBZ8001 little over a year ago and will not consider any other brand blower again. The Redmax has incredible power and reliability, but it is a bit on the heavy side for all day use. It just takes getting used to with all the torque it produces at full throttle.

6. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

You will be happy with the Echo.

My only advice is that if you are blowing just light debris and clippings, the 413 is good.

If you are looking to do heavier, go with the 620 or their biggest blower the 755.

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i agree the 413 is a whimp. my hand held sthil bg85 blows stronger

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I think you can move up from 230 to 261T for around $40....261T heavy commericial. I would consider the 620 blower it is just fine. We tested the BR600 and while it has more power it eats fuel and cost more and can't remove end tube and has funky gas cap.

9. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Ed, it doesnt eat fuel it just has a smaller fuel tank. The new units will have the removeable tube and the caps are nice just different. Besides what you mentioned how did you like it seeing as you were able to use it for a good bit of time.

10. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We run Echo trimmers exclusively. Most are the SRM-230 and a few 261. I would suggest RedMax for your backpack. We have all EB7001 units which are time tested and a great unit. I have heard a few problems with the 8001s, so I will wait til they work the bugs out. The only problem I have had with the trimmers is the muffler screen plugging up and they won't stay running. I changed to Amsoil and haven't had that happen since. If it does, just pull the muffler cover off and remove the screen and clean the carbon off... easy fix.