echo trimer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thezaz, May 8, 2008.

1. thezaz

thezaz LawnSite Member

i have a 210 echo 21 cc and it tends to lay grass a lot and not cut.
    1 what kind of line is a good line?
    2. is a higher cc worth getting 32cc is the highest i think in a echo.
  2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Change the line first before you decide your trimmer is too weak. I like the Echo Cross Fire lines. Tried a few different kinds, Echo is the best so far.

21cc is a little low on power for big stuff. I have a 31cc Honda and I don't think it has too much power to spare. When cutting taller weeds, it does slow down, can't imagin 21cc can be good at it. But if you only do lighter trimming, nothing wrong with what you have.....You own it already, it's free....far as you concern!!!!:waving:
  3. SIWEL

SIWEL LawnSite Senior Member

i use the echo 210 in a cemetery and it seems to hold its own. it does occasionally bog down when it gets really thick but it does cut everything and leaves no stragglers. i would change you line and see how it works.
  4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

What trimmer line are you using now?

I have both the Echo 210 & 230. 230 has a tad more torque to help with the bigger stuff but for most light trimming I prefer the 210 because it's lighter.

If I had to do it all over again I go with a 210 and get one of Echo's bigger beast for all the rest.

I'm perfectly happy with the Echo cross fire trim line.
  5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I use gatorline square magnum .095. That's some good string.
  6. yungman

from Calif.

Hey how are you?? Have not heard from you for a long time. How is your dethatching go? I did mine with my new baby.....The Mantis monster!!!!!:laughing::laughing: I have no way to compare, but it worked really well. First time I pull so much stuff out, I couldn't even see where to do more, I had to clear everything up before I can tell where to redo. Filled up a 40 gallon can and more from a 3000sqft yard!!! I have to give it a thumbs up. I love the little Honda engine, so quiet.:waving:
  7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I need to get a mantis tiller soon. What attachments can it take?
  8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i run 210's and 230's. i use the red shakespeare line you get from walmart.
    quick question, do you have the guard off? that could be a reason its not cutting too well.
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You need to run .080" on the 210. The new mid range Echo units have a high torque gear box and the will be just fine....think they are now 265 and 280 models.
  10. yungman

from Calif.

Hi S Man

So what trimmer did you get, T230??
    Here is the site that show all the attachments. Stihl Yard Boss has more attachments. I like the Honda engine.