echo trimmer help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by superman, Jun 8, 2003.

1. superman

superman LawnSite Member

My John Deere trimmer died on me, and it wasn't even a year old yet. I took it back to home depot and I got my money back, it's in the form of a credit. So I have a $160 credit to home depot, but I don't own a trimmer any more. I want an echo this time. Does anyone know anything about the srm 210 & 230?? Who uses them and will the be good for commercial use?

Thanks

Judd

2. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have both,the 230 is much better.Well worth extra $.:)

3. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

2 SRM-2100's daily use for 3 years. Never a problem.

4. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

Echo SRM 2100 here. If I could do it over again I'd get the 230 out of the choices you listed. The extra power would be nice.

Either one will do you fine.

5. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search for trimmers in thread titles. This subject has been beat to death here lately. there are prob over 100 responses to this general question in the last 6 weeks.

6. superman

superman LawnSite Member

lawnagent, I appreciate your help, but I have already done a search and I have read those threads. This subject is more specific, but thanks.

Is the 2100 that you speak of differant than the 210?? I didn't see a 2100 at home depot.

7. lawnagent

I think this is the first year that they changed the numbers. The 210 and 240 etc is the same as 2100 and 2400.I bought a 2400 last year and this year bought a 260s to replace my old 2100. The 2100 is under powered compared to the 2400 and 260 BUT I used my 2100 commercial fine for several years. I like all the Echo straight shaft trimmers.

8. C & S

C & S LawnSite Member

I have a Echo GT 2000 trimmer. I realize it was made for home use but I WAS using it on a daily basis anyway. I loved it until it broke down 3 1/2 weeks ago. Now my dealer won't give me any service and Echo is no help at all. They got me so pissed off I went out and bought a Stihl trimmer and hedge trimmer. One of my better decision I have made.

9. superman

superman LawnSite Member

My john Deere was 1HP, which ammounted to 30cc. I do get in some thick stuff every now and then, how much am I going to be disappointed with these echos I am looking at?

One guy told me he thought the echo with lesser cc's would probably still be stronger than my deere was.

10. lawnagent

I to get into very heavy stuff from time to time. The 2100 would be okay most of the time but underpowered on the heaviest stuff.. The 2400 was NEVER underpowered on anything I threw at it. The only reason I got a 260s this last time is because of the light weight and its ergonomics. It weighs less than my 2400.