ECHO trimmer- miles per gallon

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Apr 15, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Maybe I dont remember,since it seems like light years since I had a trimmer in my hand but the other day I had the trimmer running for about an 90 minutes and I had to fill it up twice....in doing this property last year I could do the job on one tank of gas. I have the split boom ...cant remember the model number. ANy of you ever had your fuel consumption change?? I have new plugs and an air filter on back order...I know this might seem like a strange question so bear with me...thanks

2. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

Dealers are telling me that the new Red Max trimmers are saving 30% on fuel vs other trimmers. This is do to their strato engine. Alot of guys are switching to it. Not only for the price of the gas, but also for the down time to refuel. It always seems to be break time when the trimmer needs to be refilled. Something to consider.

3. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

GarPa....

there is something wrong with your trimmer! Echo trimmers are fuel efficient especially the new Echo Tornado Power Boost engines...they are awesome!!

4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Talked to a mechanic at Agway and he said even a moderately dirty air filter will change fule consumption allot and mine is dirty...have them back ordered so we'll see when I put a new one on and a new plug.