Echo trimmer runs upside down???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Movinfr8, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

ok, new plug, air filter, gas filter. and STILL it won't trim, it'll edge, and if I tilt it a little farther back to the almost upside down position it runs like it ought to, otherwise in the trimming position, it will not open up. Any ideas??
    Yeah, I know its only a 2100, but for as few accounts as I have, it's all I can afford at the moment.
    Thanks in advance,
    Norm

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Carburator needs cleaning.

3. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

It may be the fuel line. it may have a small pin hole causing this. I ran into same thing last year but trimmer was my backup. So no need to really fix it. Make sure your gas cap has a vent hole too!

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Moose, I was going to recommend changing out the fuel line too.

5. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I had the same thing happen to me with my JD timmer and it was the fuel pickup inthe gas tank. Make sure it sits down were the gas is when you lift it up and that it is not lodged in the corner or something.

6. mh1314

mh1314 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Check the fuel line carefully. I just had a problem with my 2100. It turned out that the black rubber line was poor quality which allowed the carb to suck air in some postions and to spray fuel in others. Go with a good clear line....

7. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

UPDATE!!

not the fuel line. But I think it is the little white vent up near the rear of the motor. my dealer was out of them, so I get to deal with it till Wednesday!!
    Norm

8. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

it's called a duck bill & yes that can be a problem also remember there is a fuel filter inside the tank