1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo trimmers? Buy or no buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Jun 17, 2007.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I haven't "personally" owned an echo trimmer yet. I have used redmax and stihl. I will not buy anymore rm trimmers but they're blowers kick a$$! I like stihl but my fs85r get's weird when the gas tank get's low on fuel. It will shut off and will need to be cold started again. And I have a 4 mix unit kombi and don't like the mixed breed engine that might need valve work and other stuff after awhile. So are echo's anygood??? I want to get one as a test model to see if I want all echos or not. My pb403 keeps running great with no problems after two years. So are they're trimmers good or should I stick with stihl??
  2. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

i got me a new echo after talking to people on here and love it.it has taken me a while to get use to the way the head turns,coming from a 8 yr old sears.it cranks on the second to third pull.it will do some cutting and dig hard dirt to!
  3. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I have an echo edger, love it so much... I will be picking up an echo trimmer.
  4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I got a Kawasaki trimmer the other day and am very happy with it. Just don't like the head on it, it was a major PITA at first but I am starting to get used to it I guess.
  5. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

i got a srm210 trimmer and like it very much, have had it 3 years and no problems
  6. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Echo stick edger and an Ech trimmer, love them both! I have the Home Depot models, not the profesional ones, but the ones I have I would highly recommend!

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I own them and they work great !
  8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had an echo trimmer thats lasted for the past 5 years and still working with no problems
  9. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Echo is the best IMO been using them forever.
  10. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Only complaint I have with my 2 echo trimmers and echo hedge trimmer is that it take usually a dozen pulls to get them started the first start of the day. And then it takes a few minutes for them to warm up. My shindawia blower starts on the 1st pull 90% of the time.