Echo Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMowerMan2003, Mar 30, 2003.

1. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to be needed a new trimmer soon, and I would like some input. I will probably buy an Echo because I was very satisfied with my last echo (SRM-2600, I think). I would like to know if anyone uses the larger Echos, about 32cc, because there may be times when I could use the extra power. I would also like to hear some opinions on the Echo PAS 260. It seems popular here, and I've considered buying it, especially for the articulating hedge trimmer and edging attachments.

2. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I used to use nothing but the Echo SRM-2400. But I found something better... I swear by Kawasakis now. Lesco has them. Light weight. Good power. And the reliability is fantastic. I'm so impressed with these.

The Echos were good, but they were absolutely not as durable as the Kawasaki is. I have owned maybe 5 srm-2400 whackers.

3. LawnMowerMan2003

Which Kawasaki do you use?

4. LawnMowerMan2003

I was looking at trimmers and it looks like the Husqvarna 232L does pretty well on power at 1.9 hp. If I read the specs right, it's only 31cc and it outperforms the Kawasaki KBL34A, which has a 33cc engine, with 1.7 hp. 13.6 pounds may be a little heavy though. I couldn't find the horsepower ratings for Echo on the Echo web site, so I sent them an email. Anybody use the 232L?

5. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Echo Pas-260 and have the trimmer and hedge clippers, works great with plenty of power. Looking to purchase the stick edger to go with it. I'm solo and just put the Pas-260 and trimmer in my truck tool box, putting them together is very easy and fast.. Hope this helps,,,,, :)

Lou :cool:

6. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Echo trimmers are, by far, the best.

The new SRM-260S has plenty of power for any job. The PAS-260 is a great idea although I do not own one.

Echo is known for great products and top notch service and parts support....don't get lured away to another brand that does not offer this kind of support!!

7. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Started with a Stihl (as a homeowner), went into business in 98 and purchased a PAS-2100 with String trimmer, Power Broom and Hedge clipper (gave the Stihl to my son in law - still using it). Purchased a PAS-260 and the Articulating hedge clipper (sold the PAS-2100 to a friend - still using it) found that the 260 is more than adequate for the attachments, starts on the second pull cold. I am more than satisfied with the Echo and would recommend the line to anyone. JMHO.
    BobR

8. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

KBL26A is the Kawasaki model I have two of.

I've had like 5 Echo wackers over the years and based upon my experience, the Kawasaki is superior.

One Echo I had didn't even last a year. It melted!

I'm a happy customer with these Kawasakis and I'm not going back to Echo wackers.

I also have a fantastic Red Max backpack blower. I am totally satisfied with it. Excellent power and completely reliable.

9. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

just baought a honda trimmer.
    31cc 4stoke engine.
    No mixing gas and oil, doesnt use as much gas .
    Its a little heavier,but comes witha very comfortable harness.
    I almost baought a echo , until another lawn care fellow told me
    about the honda. He has been useing them for a year now , and loves it.
    hope this helps

10. LawnMowerMan2003

Well, I have been satsified in the past with my Echo trimmer, as far as reliabillity. There have been times when I could use some addition power, however, and, as I previously stated, I would like to see a horespower rateing for the Echo SRM 260S, so I could compare exactly what "Plenty of power" means. I went to Echo's site and could not find a horespower rating for any of thier trimmers. Has anyone been able to get that information?