echo trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

anyone use the echo srm210, i was wondering how it holds up because its on the low end commercial grade. i will only be using it for 15 accounts.

2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Ive been using Echoes forever. This past season, Ive been cutting down my route and picked one up in the spring. So far so good. I use it on about 30 weekly.......I still miss the carb adjustment screws though.

3. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

4. 42homers

42homers LawnSite Member

Can't stand mine......it's a 260

5. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

I use the 210 and it is great to start with, but as I grow, I will need more power and durability. Maybe one with a steel shaft.

6. blair smock

blair smock LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

havent had a problem plenty of power!

7. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I have three...love em all!

8. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

Used to use them. They wear or quick and lose power. They also had parts like the on/off switches falling off them. I think they stink!!! Never buy anything echo again.

9. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

I started with an Echo 210. I replace it after 2 years. It lost power quickly. Once I bought something on the higher end, I will not go back to Echo products. I started with Echo trimmers, edgers, and back pack blowers. Now I have Shindaiwa and Red Max products. There is a substantial increase in power and longevity with the higher end products.

10. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Kingbman, I have the same trimmer. So far so good, but it is on the light commercial side. Will probably upgrade to a 260 next season and use the 210 as a backup and use the Craftsman as dedicated brush cutter. No problems with Echo so far, I also have the PB603 backpack blower and love it.

Buck