1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

echo trouble?!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kickin grass, Apr 9, 2007.

1. kickin grass

kickin grass LawnSite Member

anyone had any trouble with the echo spool not coming off the head or is it just me? i need help its brand new and just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with any echos before.
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i sometimes have that problem , it gets stuck but when i move it around it comes off. take it back to the dealer if its brand new.
  3. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

if it's on an srm trimmer, it should be a 2150030 head. Push the spool in and turn clockwise, you should feel it pop, then pull off.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I have a second question.....I noticed that these Echo lookalike heads that JThomas handles has a slight different release. You can turn the head in either direction to release it. But it is MUCH harder...almost worthless. I hope Echo stays with their present design.
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

sometimes they will get crap in them and you have to turn pretty hard to get them off
  6. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a lot of problems with mine. I have changed my echo trimmer head and replaced it with the Husquavarna head. After the initail cost of changing the head it is cheaper to replace the bumb heads and I don't have trouble with the string feeding.
  7. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

We use the Echomatic Pro head with a divided spool. It is very easy to get the spool out of the head. The original ones we used weren't Pro models and they were much harder to get the spool unsnapped. The Pro head only costs $22 and it works alot better than the non-pro head.
  8. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

the pro heads are a heavier plastic. 22.99 is really cheap. Just about dealer cost!!!.

Don't be immatation heads. I tried the oregon heads and they just weren't the same. Customers didn't like them.

Just started with husky recently, but have experience with them, although, the bumper buttons are replacable, in my experience, the less parts to come apart on a trimmer head the better.

Echo SRM head have the head.....and the spool.

The Redmax heads have the cover, bumper, spool, and spring. If they come apart, crap goes everywhere.