echo u-turn head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gandk06, Jan 31, 2008.

1. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I was just on Echo's website and saw they have new trimmer head that is supposed to be very easy to reload. I like the current head that they have but at times the lines still gets tangled around itself inside. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and does it ever tangle the line.

2. TOOLSHACK

TOOLSHACK LawnSite Member

I haven't actually "used" this head yet... but I did try loading it up with line and took it apart at a recent dealer meeting. I'm excited about this product. It should bridge the gap between fixed line heads and standard bump-feed heads.

Of course, it's not a completely new idea. Ryobi had a similar head available for years through Home Depot... but it was NOT of a commercial quality like this one.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I knew Toolshack would beat me to this thread.

I haven't used the new head, but I will probably start using it. I don't really have any problem with the Echo bump head that I use now. This new one should be a little faster to load and easier for the "help" to figure out.

4. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

That is the same thing I was thinking. I think the current heads are good but just thought these could be even better.

5. BentleyOutdoors

BentleyOutdoors LawnSite Member

I played with one at the shop the other day, and I have to tell you it was pretty great, but the one thing that I didnt like was the clear plastic spool, but other than that it was really nice.

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

We have used echo products since the early 80's and see them come a long way and so far in my opinion 90% of their products have gotten better and better.

i saw the new models and heard about the new head and was excited about it due to ease of use for the newbies we train and veterans like myself.

i would love to see it closer and use one of course, but i can tfind a good pic at least to satisfy my craving!!:dancing:

7. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

What exactly is he going to trim with it at this time of year? ;)

I have the old school echo head and the new(er) one with two reels-channels, one for each side. One occasionally gets stuck/tangled and the other welds/melds the line together inside. Once I eventually figured out how to work with them I've been ok. I was looking at somebodies speed-feed head and was interested. Then I saw the new Echo widget on their website and want to give it a whirl though.

8. DustyOH

DustyOH LawnSite Member

I just purchased this head and put it on my new SRM-265T and it is great, just like the other heads, easy to load. They have a picture and video on their website if you wanna see it

9. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Right, not a new concept, but Shindaiwa was the ground-breaker with the commercial Speed-Feed heads a few years ago. They're extremely popular now.

10. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

We switched all of our heads over to the U-Turns and couldn't be happier.