Echo vortex engines trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by xxl, May 10, 2008.

1. xxl

xxl LawnSite Member
    from MO

Has anyone ran the Echo Srm265 and how dose that compare to the 2601 or 260. Asking what to buy the older version or newer ones or should i skip the 265 and buy the 280. Thanks for opions
  2. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

I've played with a PAS-265 and the PAS 260. PAS 265 seems to be easier to start. Seems to run a little smoother, more comfortable handle, and with about maybe ~10% more power. My beef with Echo's 265 vs the 260 is the very noticeable almost 1.5lb increase in weight. The 280 is probably the only one of the new line of trimmers I would look at since the weight is the same of the 265 with much better power output.
  3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I know I will get some flags on this one, but I am very conservative, I still would get the older 260 until people put in 2 years. Like people say don't buy the car on their first model year. SRM260 have a lot of praise. Just my 2 cents, I have no experience on either one, just being conservative.:waving:
  4. BryceBentleyLCS

BryceBentleyLCS LawnSite Member

I currently use the 265 and love it. I am glad that i got ride of my 230. It starts faster, runs smoother, more power and I mean more power. The ownly thing wrong is the size of the gas tank, it is smaller than the 230, but that is no big deal. also the new controls are alot more comfortable!!!! You cant go wrong with the 265!!!!!:usflag:
  5. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Go for the new 280 (same weight and more power) or the PAS-265 if you want to use some attachments. :drinkup:
  6. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

this is not a newer design. These engines have been out for 3 plus years. They are offering it in a 26cc on the new 265 power head. They've been running it on the 251 curve shaft for like i said, 3 plus years now. No issue except if you run it with the guard off with way too much line out, the clutch can heat up and cause the plastic on the front cover to melt. Not an echo problem, that's a user problem.
  7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

My dealer had one I was looking at, and was wondering also...

The only Problem or issue I have is the fuel tanks.....

PLS make them bigger.... who cares about the weaight.