1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo Vs Stihl Vs Shin

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SIRCAESAR, Jan 18, 2004.

SIRCAESAR LawnSite Member

Guys which one has better, Edjers, Trimmers and blowers/backpacks?
  2. luke125

luke125 LawnSite Member

echo is a piece of junk
    i would take shin. over the stihl for 2cycle stuff
    and for the 4cycle stuff stihl

to me pricing, dealer support, and features could be a major factor in chosing stuff
  3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Like the great Ford/Chevy debate you will never get an answer to that question. I personally like Stihl. Have tried Echo and hated it. Never tried Shin., but I hired a crew leader that used to work for my competition. He was used to running Shin and at first tried to get me to buy some. After about a month he was not asking for Shin. anymore. He loved the Stihl stuff. I don't try other brands because what I have works for me.
  4. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I run STIHL and love em. I would never buy an echo but i got an echo weed whacker from a coustomer for freeand i abuse it and it won't die. It did impress me i run crap gas in it, thow it around and the only maintainance was i had to clean the spark plug once. It is defentally short on power though. I like all of Shin's new stuff. It would go with the Shin but STIHL is nice too, stay away from the echo.
  5. all three are excellent products although stihl blowers are weak right now...but this fall a 4 mix blower will be out and sthil will have a backpack that can compete with echo and shindawa and redmax.

although you didnt mention them husqvarna makes excellent trimmers to good power.
  6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Hey now dont pick on my stihl bp blower, he he just kidding, i have a great dealer for stihl, if i have a problem and he cant get it fixed in a resonable time he has loaners for his commercial guys, i couldnt find a shin or red max dealer here in va that was close to me, went to a small town before christmas and saw a hardware store that had Great Dane mowers, i stopped gave them a look, went inside and this guy has shin, red max , and kawasaki stuff there, was like turning a kid loose in a candy store he he, im looking forward to trying some of that equipment just to see how good it is , i here alot about the trimmers and blowers, ok i strayed from the subject, but i like my stihl equipment, and my dealer is great, i prefer stihl at this time
  7. greensideup

greensideup LawnSite Member

I also prefer shin, but have tried stihl and like them , too. I feel shindaiwa has the best blower with their EB630. Nothing I have tried seems to be as good, reliable, powerful, or as light. I don't care much for the echo trimmers or edgers. Some of their blowers & hedge trimmers are OK. I agree with some of the above posts- delaer support should be a factor in your decision. In short, you cant go wrong with shindaiwa or stihl. SCOTT
  8. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

I am going to have to say

9. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm trying to decide between the Ech 260 (I have an echo 2400 now) and a shindawa 230. The shindawa is actually a few $ less but the dealer is out in a different town.

Any thoughts?
  10. rotgg

rotgg LawnSite Member