Echo vs. Stihl

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by 4 Seasons, Jan 29, 2007.

1. 4 Seasons

4 Seasons LawnSite Member

I don't know about the rest of you guys but as far as I'm concerned all of Echo's power tools are just as good if not better than Stihl w/ the exception of their chainsaws. Over the the winter I bought all new Echo blowers, string trimmers, hedge trimmers, etc..... I have been using both brands for years and I really think that Echo is the top of the line for commercial use. I have had to do almost no maintnence on them for the past three years. Don't get me wrong I am not knocking Stihl at all, I'm just saying I think you get more for your money with Echo. What do you guy's think?

2. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking Chevy vs. Ford senario. We are have our preferances, but secretly know that chevy's better, like echo hehe:cool::D

3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Forget them both and buy Redmax.

4. 4 Seasons

4 Seasons LawnSite Member

I've got the Red Max stick edger. That thing is sweet!!! And you know to be honest I've never really checked out any of their other power tools. Do they have blowers and all the rest of the stuff?

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

My Echo stuff all gave out on me after 2 1/2 years. I have now switched completely over to Stihl (w/ the exception of a back-up Redmax trimmer) so I will give an update after another 1 1/2 years.

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I only use Echo Power equipment.....I have an Echo SRM-3100 that is 7-8 years old with no problem and it still runs today....The only thing i use from Stihl is the Chainsaws and thats it....Other than that i use all Echo Equipment only.

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

shindawia is the best and redmax second. i have had the worst service from sthil products overall

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Have you used Echo before??.....if you did,..Did you like it??

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I'll 2nd that. All the Redmax tools that I have are powerful and dependable.
    2 year commercial warranty and Strato-Charged engines make them last long and get your money's worth out of the equipment.

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

yes i have used echo plenty. their products arnt on the same level of quality as shindawia and redmax