Echo Vs Stihl

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnpro2210, Jan 21, 2010.

?

Echo or Stihl?

1. Echo

35.3%
  2. Stihl

56.9%
  3. Neither

7.8%
  1. lawnpro2210

lawnpro2210 LawnSite Member

Okay so i am planning getting a new back pack blower and trimmer. I want to get either a stihl or echo but both of the same brand. In other words i DONT want a stihl trimmer and a echo blower. What is everyones opinion on these two brands?

2. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

6 of one brand half a dozen of the other. Both are great brands, offer great products, and have good commercial warranties. It all comes down to dealers. The two Stihl dealers in my area don't truly understand what customer service is, and it shows: most people run Echo and Redmax here. Either way, you can't go wrong with Echo or Stihl.

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Mike, I'll be the first to say go with Stihl. I've used echo as well as shindaiwa before, but now everything I run is Stihl. I've got 5 pieces currently with plans to add a 2nd Stihl back pack, a new BR600 Magnum this spring. My tools of the trade are as follows: FS 90 R, KM 130 R w/ an edger, trimmer and hedge trimmer, BR 600, HT 101 pole saw and an MS260 PRO.

Are you looking for just a trimmer and blower? or blower, trimmer & edger? if it's just a blower and trimmer, go with a BR 600 & and FS 90 R, but if you need more power out of a trimmer you could got with a 110 or 100 RX. If you need an edger the FC 110 is a gret dedicated unit. If you have anymore questions just ask and I'll answer as best as I can.

4. km6483

km6483 LawnSite Member

I always used Echo till lately. I needed a new trimmer and bought a Stihl just to try it...Much Better, just the trimmer guard was the biggest sale for me, it doesnt throw half the stuff back at you that the echo did, Stihl has more power and you can feel the torgue, the one i got was heavier but i dont mind the extra workout, the only complaint is most times the Stihl starts on one pull but sometimes it is a real pain to start because of gas that spilled on the air filter just by having the trimmer laying on its side, so i sometimes would have to take off the air filter to get it to start. But thats my only complaint for Stihl trimmer.....As far as the blower goes im getting a Stihl in Feb. my dealer said the Br600 magnumm would be on sale for $420 next month and told me to wait, i currently have a echo pb755t, it worked great for 2 years and now wont go full throtle, i dont have the time to tinker with it and Ive had a lot of problems finding a Echo dealer because dealers dont really sell echos anymore because of the big box stores selling them (Home Depot) Ive heard the Stihl in gas alone will save around $300 a year compared to my gas guzzling echo....the for the answer to your question ...Stihl is the way to go.

5. dtc0207

dtc0207 LawnSite Member

clean the mufflers screen, Stihl just doesnt impress me you get more power from echo with a smaller engine and there are no valve to adjust and special oil you have to buy

6. lawnpro2210

lawnpro2210 LawnSite Member

I know what you mean about the blower going full power. Mine is doing the same thing and it does use a lot of gas. Thanks for all the great input everyone! Really helps

7. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

Check recent threads on this same discussion before posting the same thread for the FIVE HUNDRETH TIME. No offense to you, so don't be offended, but myself and others have had this same type of thread at least once or twice a week already. You can find the information your looking for on past threads. Its a no brainer to know what I'm going to say, just look at my signature.

8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Last week your breaking forum rules by soliciting business, this week your the thread police. Sounds a little hypocritical don't you think ?

9. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Echo traditional two stroke engine with much simpliar engine and better power per cc's. Very proven design.

10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Echo's most powerful trimmer the 280 weighs more than the FS130R yet I guarantee it does not put out 1.9 HP or anything near that!