echo wants to die.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cos, Jun 22, 2001.

1. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

What is wrong with my echo hand held if it is running slow and seems to be getting even weaker.

2. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

chk the screen in the exaust

3. Clean the exhaust port of carbon and use Amsoil 100 to 1 in the future.

pb080129.jpg

4. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Cool will do, thx.

5. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Clean it-?forget it. Take the thing out. It will plug back up right when you need it to work. What are the odds that you are going to shoot out a spark and start a 100 acre brush fire?

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

MATTHEW wrote:
    What are the odds that you are going to shoot out a spark and start a 100 acre brush fire?

Apparently high enough that the manufacturer thought it should have a screen! :blob2:

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Carbon build up is one of the most common 2 cycle loss of power problems. I just take off the mufflers each spring and clean the exhaust ports all up before we start mowing and they run flawlessly all summer. :)

8. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Ihad same problem with my echo trimmers, was the spark arrestorscreen , cleaned that and they run fine now

9. Eddy

Eddy LawnSite Member

Check your low/high mixture screws. Back them out and screw back in to the same setting. Mine started acting up the same way and there tends to be a buildup over time that affects these. Just moving them helps. You can even pull them all the way out and clean them. They are pretty easy to reset just by listening to the engine run.

10. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

Ditto on the mixture screws.
    Our stick edger was doing the same thing. Started by taking off the muffler but it was not plugged at all.
    Screwing the screws in and out a little seemed to clear something up. Edger started running like new again. I did as instructed in a previous post, Screwed them in (not tight) and back out about 1 1/2 turns. Adjusted by sound from that. Didn't take much either way and she runs great.
    Cleve.