echo yard shield

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rob.C, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

Have any of u guys heard of the yard-shield system by echo (blower that converts to a sprayer, gravity fed). I demoed one today and I am impressed, it works pretty good, there formula kills mosquitos, ticks, fleas, ants, nats and other flying insects, and at 17.99 a bottle, one bottle gives u about 3-4 tank fulls and covers 15,000sqft per tank-full & it is something most customers have not ever seen. I hate having a 200gal spray system in my truck, that I mainly use for insectisides (talstar), I am thinking about spraying insecticides with the echo systyem and getting a 50 gal lesco sprayer for weed control only. saves room in your truck, less weight, easier to clean ect.You should exspect to make around 200-300 a bottle, I am also going to treat landscapes also wich I will add $20-$40 a yard depending on size. Another key factor is it is reccommended to treat lawn 1 a month, wich:weightlifter: is also more money, unlike talstar 3x a year, the formula is basic but it works I have dead mosquitos ants on my patio it killed them on contact, its not hazerdous to pets, turf or landscapes, I would watch it around flowers and sensitive shrubs.......Any opinions????
  2. pomticks

pomticks LawnSite Member
    from Maine

We use a Stihl Backpack sprayer/blower that works great. For a chemical we use Lesco Cross Check. Our business is ticks and mosquitoes. We use a Lesco 200 gal tank for the tick end of it and the blower sprayer for the mosquitoes. I have seen the Echo but never used it. Most likely close to the same. We are actually going to buy a second blower/sprayer due to the fact that business is going strong. Any questions let me know......
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What is the AI for the Echo stuff?
  4. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

do u mean the graghics file
  5. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

Active Ingredient = A.I.

6. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

permethrin wt% 9