1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Echo ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shorty7616, Apr 10, 2005.

1. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

I have a blower that will start and run for a few minutes then die out....very hard to start after that. I had to replace some fuel lines, before I replaced them the blower was working fine....now its hit or miss.

Also, my echo weedeater is shaking on the engine end. its never really done this before. I don't mean a little shaking- if you hold it with one hand it feels like arm is gonna vibrate off.

Any insight?

2. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

You have a leak in the fuel lines. Either a hole in the line or sucking air at one of the connections ends. Check to make sure the lines are seated completely at the ends first.

3. shorty7616

I replaced all of the lines as a preventative measure, I'll double check everything again tom.

Any ideas about the weedeater?

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We had a Shindawia T2500 do that last year and it was the little gearbox on the end of the shaft that drives the trimmer head.

5. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

Did you do anything to the trimmer or did it start vibrating on it's own?

6. shorty7616

It started vibrating on its own....have done NOTHING

7. shorty7616

I think I got the blower problem fixed....I didn't trim the replacement gas line to fit....it was too long.

In terms of the weedeater, It only shakes towards the middle of its rpm range. It doesn't really do much at the hi or lo end.