Echo?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitylawnmanagement, Apr 2, 2006.

1. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody out there using echo? I am thinking bout buying a new blower from them. I just bought a new echo trimmer and seem to like it alot, and was wondering if their blowers are a same? Right now I have sthil blowers and like them alot. Is there anyone out there using the BP 751 from echo? Are they any good? How does it work on wet leafs? Also is there anyone using their edger too? I am looking at the PE 230. Anyone using this model? How do you like it?

2. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used the blowers before(backpack) and the are awsome!!! I couldn't tell you about the edgers, but i to am looking to buy and echo edger!

3. DistLawns

DistLawns LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

We got 2 Echo bp 651's. Saame power as the 751, smaller air filters is really the only difference that I know of, non the less I love these blowers, I don't think I'll ever swithch to anything else.

4. GemSon Lawn

GemSon Lawn LawnSite Member

I have a PE-230 edger, and SRM-230 trimmer and a ES-230 Shred N Vac and have had no problems at all.

5. I bought some echo trimmers once, probably the dumbest thing I ever did.

6. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I've run a PB650 with hip throttle, I loved that beast, its around 20 pounds, but very managable, and QUITE powerful. great machine, if it were maintained better, it would have made me feel like I was a king. it outmuscled the Redmax 7000 we had at work by FAR. I loved that machine, just be careful of the mount the hip throttle models have, that tube seems prone to breakin.

7. GLC51

GLC51 LawnSite Member

I have the PB603 and like it. Easy to start, lots of power. I like the throttle on the tube can't see the point of the hip throttle. Also have the edger PE3100, trimmer SRM 260s, a power head with sweeper and hedge attachments. Even though Stihl is big around here I prefer the Echo stuff.

8. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I have the PE230 and PB620. I like them both but the aluminum shaft on the Echo edger doesn't hold up as well as the shaft on the Stihl edger I have. The blower is also more powerful but heavier than the BR-420's I have on the truck.

My take is that if I'm buying it for employees to use I get Stihl because it holds up better to real abuse but if I'm going to use it, I want Echo.

9. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

We run all Echo equipment and have had great service from all of them. Excellent dealer support as well. The PB-751 is an awesome blower. Give one a try!

10. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I use all Echo equipment and have never been let down. We just bought another PB-751 backpack blower (strongest one out there IMO). When we have two of these running side by side I don't think there is anything they can't move.