echo ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Skeelow, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Skeelow

Skeelow LawnSite Member

I am about to buy my first backpack blower and after reading threads I see that Echo has I beleive the 755 on ebay with free shipping? Is this a good deal? I'm not familiar with commercial grade prices. Also if I had problems in the future with it, would a dealer even look at it since I bought it off ebay? I'm partime with 10 accounts max and figured it would last me a long time but don't know if I should go with a dealer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a used Echo back pack off of ebay and had 0 problems with it. Any Echo dealer should be able to service it for you.
  3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a good deal, heard its a great blower
  4. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good deal. I am a stihl person myself. However either blower I think if it is your first purchase I would try to get it from a dealer. If you find the right dealer that is. Some dont care if you spend a million dollers there. However some are very helpful and will go out of there way to get you the equipment you need at good price's!
  5. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i like echo and cant go wrong with them i got a 1989 echo weed wacker that i use daily do the math...they last
  6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i have a 751 and love it, just dont love the weight of the thing! but its really powerful and has never let me down!
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I won't buy this big heavy backpack for 10 accounts it won't last any longer than other Echo model. We have a little more trouble with our big units than the smaller units. Get a smaller Echo and you will be just fine.....the 755 is just too heavy to lug around.
  8. Skeelow

Skeelow LawnSite Member

What about the
    Echo pb 620 $370 shipped is that a good deal?

Echo pb 413 $265.00 shipped is that a good deal?

What would you choose if you only did 10 accounts? Thanks.
  9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Both of the above prices are good deals. I have a pb-403 (the big brother to the 413) and it has some problems in large piles of leaves or wet leaves. I run a bigger echo or a larger redmax for most of my clean-up jobs! JMO

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

We run the 603 very good units paid $500 or so for them.