Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Neil M, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Neil M

Neil M LawnSite Member

Is it just me or are Echo tools hard to start. I have an edger and trimmer and its a pain in the a** to start. Every time I try to start it I have to choke it like the first start of the day. My redmax 3001 brush cutter is the same. It would be nice to start on one crank.
  2. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I have been having my PE2000 edger for 8 seasons...
    Finally this year I had to change the carburator cause it got hard to start.
    And that did the trick.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

They don't start easy because the low jet is not letting sufficient gas into the chamber. And that can be adjusted one way or another. Some units have visable scews(two of them) and some units have two screws covered by plastic plugs. And for those without adjustment the top of carb can be removed and the jet manually rotated to let in more gas. Surely you shop knows this.....there is no reason why ECho can't be made to start easy.
  4. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

whats the big deal about choking it? move the little lever, pull the cord, move the lever the other way. and mine has started on the first pull everyday since day 1
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

read the owners manual, they tell you a specific starting routine that includes using the choke and pulling on the trigger. my guys were haveing trouble too untill i showed them the recommended way and never a problem now. taht is all it takes so dont be impatient or angry.
  6. green monster

green monster LawnSite Member

Grassman is right on the money. It is amazing how easy they are to start, when you play with the choke and the throttle trigger at the same time. It takes a little practice, but once you get the hang of it, it is second nature.