Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Technologies, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Goign tommorrow to get the Echo 260s string trimmer. Any reason I need to change my mind?
  2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

ROBIN !!! best I have ever tried runs forever little maintenance same price as the others if not cheaper....lots of robin dealers in florida and they are a tough machine.
  3. Turf Technologies

from Florida

Thanks for the scoop, but I want info on this model, not other brands.
  4. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Try a search i remember some negative feedback on the 260. I have 2601 pas and the only thing i dont like is that gas leaks through the air breather. I remember people being upset with the carb emissions they put on the 260.
  5. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Purchased 2 about a year ago, lots of power, light weight but they are hard to start when cold. Other than that we've had no problems.
  6. Markus

Markus LawnSite Member

I have heard of several LCOs that i know having problems with the 260s with the Carbs, Can you shop around, here in southern Indiana there are several dealers who still have the 2601s leftover, and ive got those and the Shinys t-260s and the 2601s are very good....... Marks Mowing Service
  7. FS Lawn

FS Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Ms

The 2601s is a good machine I just don't like the ( low end ) on the rpm's , it seems sluggish and once you get the motor rpms up it's fine. I didn't have this problem with the 260 I have. I have seen other post that say it part of the emissions and I agree. Besides that they are fine machines and I will use nothing else. Good Luck
  8. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

I love mine. I have had no problems. In fact I am going to buy a PAS 260 next week.
  9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Not the same, but I have a SRM2400SB split boom unit. It's a 2000 model I beleive and starts first pull any weather, if it's below freezing it might be 2nd pull. Nice unit, no complaints but I have never really used it hardly because I got it used this fall and don't have any attachments for it but the 8' hedge trimmer which I haven't used yet. Planning on getting an edger attachment for it though. A friend has a 2601 and loves it. I understand the 2601 is the older model of the 260, but the 260 is "californized" - emissions type model, correct?
    Nothing wrong with Echo....
    Good luck,
  10. Turf Technologies

from Florida

I understand that 2601 was replaced my the 260s. To the 260 and 260s are diffrent as well. I have researched and read as many threards for months now its buy time. Is it true that the 260s has improved carb problems?