Echo???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Feb 1, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I just received my 2003 master products catalog for Echo and I was wondering how good are their products? I mostly just use Stihl, so I was wondering whether they wear longer, more durable, price wise, smoother, powerful, etc?

2. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

Ive used Echo in the past, they are good machines, but I still would buy Stihl over Echo. Echo does have good hand blowers, we've had one for over 8 years, still runs great.

3. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo is very durable. I had an Echo 2100 I used for 9 years with no problems. I have an Echo blower going into its 11th season, with no troubles at all. I have an Echo 2400 trimmer now that is going into its 3rd season with no troubles.

My Exmark dealer sells Stihl. I have been slowly switching to Stihl. But I actually perfer Echo over Stihl. Both are good though.

4. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't used many others but have had excellent results with all my echo stuff. See no reason to try anything different

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I totally agree I would take a stihl over echo anyday. I also have to say that echo makes a very product I have the echo pb2100,cs4400,cs3450 and no problems they are o.k. with me but, I would say stihl anyday.

6. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I've had good luck with echo trimmers and blowers.however my next weedeater will be kawasaki,and my next blower will be redmax.:rolleyes:

7. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an Echo trimmer, Blower , and hedge trimmer. All three run great and have given me little trouble. I will probably buy another.

8. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

grassdaddy- picked up a Red Max yesterday. a 7001. Have used stihl for 15 years. Glad Red Max is here. never go back to Stihl. the price was 449.00 I think i got a good deal. live next door to you.rossville

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've let friends (who use Echo) try my Shindaiwa trimmers and blowers. Their more impressed with my Shindaiwa's than their Echos.

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

And see Bob I have two shindaiwas and I don't like them compared to my Stihls. They just seem not as durable