echo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

what do you guys think about an echo 210 for light use. Say for 10 accounts.

2. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Its a good trimmer for what you want to use it for, but if its heavy brush cutting or a ton of accounts you get Id move up to a heavy duty stihl.

3. floridalawncare

floridalawncare LawnSite Member

i actually used one for over a year in heavy comercial use. all i did was clean the spark plug one time, and the spark arrester has never been cleaned. i don't know about the newer epa regulated units though.

4. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive had a 2100, which is the same thing, and used it regularly for 3 years now. I also have a 2400 and to be honest with you, there isnt any noticeable difference in power. The 2100 is also lighter. Everyone always seems to grab the Echos before they grab the Sthil Fs85. The sthil seems like a lead weight compared to the Echos. Although I personally feel like the Stihl has more power. Still the 210 is a good trimmer, especially for light use.

5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I've got one and it works fine for regular trimming, but like the others say it is somewhat lacking in power for those heavy jobs.

Plus they take a some effort to get them going first thing in the morning. Usually 5-7 pulls, but 1-2 once they've been started.

I do like the lightweight of the unit. Makes it easy to control and use for extended periods.

6. I would probably go to the 22.8 CC one. I have it and like it for a reasonable price. (uhhi 4gt how much I paid but it wasnt astronamical)

7. floridalawncare

floridalawncare LawnSite Member

i actually used one commercially for two years. i bought it in a pinch, expecting to replace it, but it just keep on running. finally got tired of it's slouchy power and bought a 260s. but the old 210 still runs. you can pull start it with sewing thread now it's so worn out, but it really never lost much power it seems.

8. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We have had two echo 2100 that we put 25 hrs a week on for 2 years.Good cheap units. The motors are worn out after 500 hrs. But normally you get what you pay.

9. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

Have several of them and I think they are great for light trimming around maintenaned lawns. For heavier stuff go for a heavier trimmer like the SRM-260.