echos at HD

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawnandplow42, Jun 18, 2005.

1. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

Are the echo trimmers at home depot as good of quality as the ones at a dealership? For example, 2 of the same models, but one is at home depot and the other at a dealership. Are they the same?

2. GroundsMan

GroundsMan LawnSite Member

As long as they are the same model they should b the same.

3. Allen's LS

Allen's LS LawnSite Member

If they are the same model, then they are the same in every respect. However, those at HD tend to be the lower end models. You can't for example get the PAS models ot HD.

4. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm running a srm 210 from HD and its works fine I got it for 199.00 and they have the srm 260 for 299. I'm probally going to get that one next

5. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i also use the 210 from HD. i bought it in a jam cuz the dealer closed early that day and i was in a jam with a house half trimmed.. love that little machine. have 3 now.
    the only glitch is, i snap the cable every 1 1/2 seasons. $12 dollar fix. but i run it without the gaurd.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's the model mydad has (bought it at dealer), and my brother bought one a few years ago, and now my sister bought one about two weeks ago.

7. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

The difference between a tool bought at HD, and one bought at the dealer, is the one you buy at the dealer, you'll have dealer support should something go wrong, HD doesnt know CRAP about fixing what they sell. they cant even assemble a chainsaw right.

8. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

my trimmer, hedge trimmer and chain saw are all from the home depot. None of which have given me any problems in 4 years. :waving:

9. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I just bought a PB 403-T from the depot. It was a return and originally it was $299 The thing looked brand new no scratches or anything and the filter was clean. I have the warranty and i got it for $99 I came home to try it and it works excellent. :D

10. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

When i bought my first house five years ago i bought a trimmer,blower and hedge trimmer at hd and they all are still going strong,i use them for my backups now.to answer your question as long as the model # is the same it should be the same piece of equip.i don't think you can get the higher end commercial stuff there though.just my.02