Eckerd Corp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kandklandscape, Jun 27, 2004.

1. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Hopw many of you deal with them? Dont they have a piss poor paying system?! I mean they owe us ALOT of money, and everytime I call them, I get we did not mail it out, it is not approved.

I mean come on now! They have so much money it is sick. I know they are owned by J C PENNY and everything, we ALL know they are loaded with money, but when we go to there store, they want paid IMMEDIETLY! Not 3 months later?!!!!

I called the store manager, my buyer, and the pay general manager of eckerd, and am gettign no where! ANyone else have any trouble with them?

2. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

They just closed a store in my hood that's been there at least 20 years. Good thing there's a new Walgreens next door!!! You might want to find out where these people are located and offer to come speak with the person who is not approving your bill. I had to do this ounce and now I always get my payment on the 45'th day. The theory I have developed is that if they have soooo much money they let it collect interest to pay you with, ounce it has developed enough and they get around to it they cut you a check. If they still cant come to arrangements with you, I think I would consider something in thier office for " hostage " until paid in full. Just my HONEST oppinion. God luck..

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Simople rule of thumb. Anything past 30 days is overdue. Handle it any wy you wish. Either interest, late fee, or whatever. I'll tell you one thing, it never would have reached 3 months. After the second 30 days past, they would have some LONG grass. Anything after that, may go to collections or court. (preferabally court).

4. kandklandscape

from PA

This is regarding mulch layment on there store.....

We are suppose to be pulling weeds, and triminng bush's but cannot until it is over with!

Anyways, we have the contract for 5 years! HELP!

5. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Didn't you include verbiage in the contract that allows you to suspend service if payment isn't made on time????

I would think that if you suspend service, the local store manager would make it a priority to get you paid. As soon as the sales started to drop, they'd find a way to cut a check. I would think, anyway.

My first job out of college, I did A/R for IBM...I collected from GTE, Schlumberger, Haliburton and several other large corporations. These large corporations never paid us on time. They use their future spending powers over vendors to keep the cash in their accounts until they decide to pay. Most bills were paid anywhere from 90 to 210 days past due.

Good luck.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

6. kandklandscape

from PA

Talked to them today, the check is to be mailed out on July 1st

7. Jroctx

Jroctx LawnSite Member
    from Austin

Penny's sold Eckards, all the Southern stores are going to CVS, I can not recall who is taking the Northern locations.

8. kandklandscape

from PA

I called the eckerd corp today. They still have thank you for calling jcpenny and eckerd corp please listen to the following promot... etc etc...

I dont know, maybe thats why my $$ is being held up? Anyone else perform duties for eckerd?

9. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Stop mowing..........

What does your contract say about payment?

Are you enforcing it?