Economy worse or better ?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wright48, Apr 12, 2011.

1. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Same thing here buddy, had a record high year last year and it looks like this year will be among the record lows.
    Looked on craigslist yesterday and seen the small biz section was just full of new commers to the mowing biz. I have also seen alot of new guys in my areas, a lot more then in the past.

2. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

things are great up here......already business is up by about 20% over last year, and the weather only turned nice this past weekend......we still have another 2-3 weeks before we start cutting, so I expect to grow even more.

Hope everyone who is experiencing a down turn has it turn around quick and back to better days

3. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

With all the talk about the economy crashing a couple of years ago I decided I should really try hard to find new accounts, just in case I lost some. I didn,t lose any, so now I have all I can do. Except for the cost of everything going up I'm doing fine. I work more now than before, but don't have more money in my bank account to show for it.

4. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm moving up there with you. Up there i bet you get to plow alot to. How long is the mowing season that far north i wouldn't imagine it being super long.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

See...

It is what you speak of that makes me think that despite the fact that things are slow, I'm really no worse off as I basically
    foresaw what you did, but I also thought if I tried very hard I would simply end up like you say and be no better off...

So I guess I shouldn't complain but it still sucks, you might think you'd rather not work so hard
    but it gets to where I hate sitting around all day waiting for the phone to ring too.

6. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

Every efn day it's get worse here.....

7. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

It's finally hitting my customer this year in CT. I talked to all of them face to face and got the hint of tight budgets from 20% of my clients. CT is getting hit hard from taxes and lost of jobs. It's the state that will not have middle class.